5 days before my vacations, I decided to go alone to a Fareast destination. Finally, I have chosen Bali over Thailand, because it is a small region I can discover in 5 days.
After 8 hours to Hong Kong and 5 hours to Bali, I arrived to my hotel in Kuta, the touristic centre of Bali. Next day, I tried to find interesting places in the region, but what I found was just Australians, beer and massage centres. I tried the Bintang (local beer), the magic mushroom (sorry to disappoint you, but I had to try it once), the massage (the Chinese one stills the best) and I bought some goods. Very bored and not fan of nightlife, I asked the girl in the reception to find me a driver with a car and an experience in tourism in Bali to explore the island. (the 2nd option is to rent a motorcycle, but I am not good in that).
So, the Places I visited in Bali in 3 days:
– Temples: Uluwatu, Tanah Lot, Mengwi and Lake Beratan’s
– Nature: Lake/mountain Batur, Lake Beratan and Gitgit waterfalls
– Beaches: Sanur (swimming), Nusa Dua Beach (private beach, Swimming) and Seminyak (surfing)
– Cities & Culture: Kuta-Legian-Seminyak (night life), Ubud (culture), Garuda Wisnu Kencana (Cultural park) and Tegalalang (rice fields)
– Zoo & co: Monkey forest (near Ubud), Bali Zoo (I forget where it is) and Lovina Beach (to see the daulphins)
– Arts & for presents: Celuk (silver), Batuan (wood carving)
I have missed a lot in Bali because of my short stay, so next time I go there I will do the rafting, parasailing and the diving.
Here are some photos :
Follow my instagram and twitter : @farkao or just click the link in http://farkao.me