TAGS : US, Embassy, Tunisia, Attack, Salafis
- Evacuation of the american officers (only) yesterday (what I heard).
- A lot of cops come with trucks and cars as preventive measures.
- Most companies near the US Embassy ordered their emplyees to quit the local at 1 pm just before the friday prays. I think they were called by the tunisian Ministry of interior.
- Salafis came to protest .. at the beginning they were peaceful.. Minutes after, they become violent : throwing stones on cops that were responsding by tear bombs to make them far from US Embassy locals.
- The number of the salafis was increasing.. They came from other regions like Bizerta and Kram.
- Evacuation of the tunisian officers.
- The cops were scattered (weird) and the salafis succeeded to enter the embassy using their ladders (weird).
- I think the cops didn’t have the permission to enter the US embassy to catch the protestors when 2 of them took down the US flag.
- Minutes after, a salafi put a jihad flag in the place of the US one.
- Meanwhile, a lot of emergency cars, tear bombs
- The cops (had the persmission to) enter the embassy.. Some snipers (americans coming from the interior) appeared on the roofs shoting protestors
- A little truck transported a killed man.. when I went home I heard that 4 tunisians were killed and about 28 were injured
- The american school (in front of the embassy) was stolen (computers…) and totally destroyed.
- Some police trucks were stolen (tear bombs and cartridge)
- Some confrontations in “Hay Al Salama” and “Aouina” for few hours later.
These photos don’t belong to me